Monday, July 04, 2005

Intellectual Disalert!

I am feeling superior. Why? Because I am. Damn the intellectuals! The World today is controlled by emotions and feelings. Art over Science! The mind is one's greatest tool, but without any form of saturation of senses with the beautiful things in life, your brain just rots away. Art should be religion! It should be life!

A lot of people are gonna beat me up for this, but I do feel this way. Just had a very heated conversation with my net friend, Anth, about the importance of art in our lives. I like chatting with him. He doesn't come online much, but when he does, the conversations are always so thought-provoking that I usually feel worn out by the time we are done. Haha, he likes to call it mental fornication. WHO WANTS TO FORNICATE WITH YOU? IDIOT!

Anyway, he says that art is just a subsidiary of life. It's a hobby that don't really mean that much when you think about it. I think he's nuts. Hear that? You are nuts, CRAZY! Art is important!

Imagine a World without books, music, paintings or any form of aesthetics, I think I will die of boredom. In a way, it is true that art is a hobby, a way of filling up the voids in your brain. But it also does something else to your mind, something amazing that stirs up very intense emotions and feelings, making your skin crawl, and your eyes burn. Something that cannot be explained just by choking out phrases that seemed intelligent, but actually mean nothing. I refuse to cheapen these emotions and feelings in anyway by forcing myself to puke out the words.

I hate it when I am in such a state of mind. It's messy. I like it when I am feeling simple-minded. I find it hard not to judge myself as I have always harshly judged others. Especially when it comes to the words that I write. Arrogance is something that I never want to practice, but comes easily to me.