Friday, July 01, 2005

How Is This Gonna End?

I just have to, have to, have to blog about this. I am feeling real warped about this thing that I really DO NOT UNDERSTAND AT ALL. It's crazy. Let me just state for the record that I am sincerely confused about this. Being serious, none of those jokes or nonsense, because this is a really sensitive topic. And before anyone start to get defensive about this topic, do note that, I have the greatest of respect for all the different religions and cultural beliefs we have today, and never seek to insult or offend anyone of any religious persuasion.

Ok, so I just read the blog of this girl who is a very devoted Christian. And throughout the whole blog, she was kinda talking to God and Jesus (? not sure about this part. Christians seems to have this lingo that always escapes me). It's all good, but somehow, it feels like she's talking to a boyfriend or a husband. I don't know. Maybe this is a really blasphemous thing for me to say, but I feel very disturbed after reading her blog.

I do know that for Christians, their love for God and Jesus is definitely not the same kind of love they have for a boyfriend or a husband, but is it really the norm for them to "talk" in such a way? I really don't get it. And that lingo that I was talking about earlier, I am really wondering, why?

I think maybe this girl is one of those new aged, punk chick types, so maybe its just her way of showing her devotion to her faith. Some parts of the blog does seemed like it's not meant to be read. You know, like it's meant for someone other than yourself. I don't know. I still felt strange while reading her blog.

Wow, reading through this current post, I can really see the confusion that's clouding my words. Something serious for a change, eh? Religion is such a sensitive topic, that I have to tread carefully. I mean, I know how it feels. I have encountered people who showed a certain degree of disrespect towards my religion, and I was really mad about it.

I have a lot of faith in my own religion, and do consider myself to be a devotee, in my own way, of course. There should be no other way. I believe that one's belief in religion is really all about the heart and not the deliberate actions that are, more often than not, just for show. Not pointing fingers or anything, but I am sure everyone had seen their share of it.

A person's heart does dictate their actions and what they do. If you have the heart, it saturates the soul, and influences everything else in your life. If the heart is not in it, then, it's rather pointless, ain't it? If you believe in it, just go for it.

I can sing praises about all the many things I have learnt in my religion, except that I have not really learnt anything. What I know is simply the first few pages of a very thick book. It's kind of like a subject at school, where the knowledge is endless, but attainable. Sometimes, when I talk like that, it confuses people. So I don't usually talk about my faith and religion. So what is my religion? Well, it's something that people like to call Buddhism, but what I like to call a Life of Enlightenment.

Well, not used to such a serious entry? I will try to be nonsensical and blah tomorrow.