Friday, July 01, 2005

First Post Of The Month!

Sometimes it scares me to see the amount of amateur bloggers out there trying to write intelligent, meaningful stuffs, and end up either revealing things about themselves that they don't really want people to know or looking like a tumbling, tumbling dickweed (ahhh, I love this phrase! Christian Bale said it in American Psycho).

Not saying that there is any set rules for blogging. A blog should be about a person's own shit and crap in life or whatever, a symbol of said person. That said, if any of you have a stupid blog, as long as you are happy with it, grrreeaattt. And I am definitely not saying that I am a fantastic blogger. Most of the time, I am sprouting nonsense, looking like a fool (both real life and in blog) anyway. But I am happy with it. In fact, reading my own blog amuses me a lot. It happens when you love yourself to the point where nothing really penetrates your skull apart from your own greatness and fantasticness (kids, don't use this word. There's no such word... is there?)

But the main thing here is, are you being truthful to yourself in your blog? Do you knock your brains out just to write something to impress? Or do you really feel that way? A blog is a dangerous thing. It can make and break friendships, relationships, impress or disgust people you will probably never get to meet, and totally changes people's opinions about you. Yes, a small blog can be so important.

What bothers me the most is people advertising their blog, then saying "Oh, I just anyhow write my blog." or "Don't pay attention to the things I write, just some nonsense." Come on people! BE PROUD! If you cannot even stay faithful to your own words, then maybe you shouldn't blog. Don't degrade our time with rubbish and nonsense that even you yourself don't like.

I don't mind lousy English or stupid stuffs, you can even insult me if you want, I will try to feel honoured to make this kind of honourary mention. But I have to at least feel that you believe in what you are writing. Not something faked and out to impress. You will be surprised, but it's easy to tell that from the way a person writes. ESPECIALLY IF I KNOW THAT PERSON IN REAL LIFE. What to do? I study Literature. I have to force myself to dissect sentences, just to find the underlying meaning and intent. It's a shit's job, basically, but very useful.

Can't believe I typed so much just to bitch about something so insignificant. I am pretty sure that if I am someone else reading my own blog, I will hate myself. It's disgusting. Ha.

Wow, Davenport VS Mauresmo or something like that. She's pretty, Mauresmo or something like that, I mean. Davenport looks old. I wonder who wins.