Saturday, September 17, 2005

Something About OCD

Well, I supposed I should blog, even though I am suffering from post-holiday sadness. SO SAD!!! I WANT TO GO BACK TO THAILAND. Okaaay, so I supposed I should be all deep and stuffs in my blog, it's so hard to fight with the urge, isn't it?

I seriously think that I have very minor OCD, which is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. The urge to do certain things in a certain way, and being very affected in a certain way if there is a failure to do so. I read up quite a bit on it and I really think that I have very minor OCD.

One of the compulsive habits that I have is that I have to count everything starting from 1. Haha, not many people seemed to know this because I don't count aloud, but if I miscount, I have to start all over again, even if I don't have to start from the beginning. Like notes that I know is already in tens, I will just count them again, even though I am pretty sure they are in tens. People just think that I am careful with money. It's not very serious. But I am always very slow at counting stuffs. Dear friends, do try to take note in the future, eh?

I read that it is helpful to keep track of all the compulsive behaviours that you have. So I tried to take note, it's quite interesting actually, as long as you are not afraid that you might be going crazy.

So, some other possible compulsive behaviours that I have are:

i) I have to rearrange stuffs to go from first to last, like trilogies, videos with different episodes, etc.
ii) I have to put things with same patterns together.
iii) I have to put things in terms of their sizes, from smallest to biggest.
iv) I will straighten a ruler according to my perception.

So far these are the things I have come up with. Again, not very serious. I don't supposed it's very serious, because I notice that my parents have certain obsessions too. Sometimes minor obsessions are so common, that no one really classifies it as OCD. Like my mum has to wash her hands whenever she passes by a sink, and my dad has to poke the holes in the elevator doors with his car keys. It is really not as crazy as it sounds. It's pretty normal actually. Maybe if you just take note, you might notice the little obsessions you have too.

A little interesting note: People who lives in big cities tend to have little obsessions than people who don't live in cities, like maybe island people or country people. Interesting eh?