Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Something... Something...

I finally figure why I don't get along with this girl that I know, despite the fact that we are both fans of Shinhwa. Because that's the only thing we have in common, nothing else seems to mesh at all.

She's very pro-Chinese and I am definitely very pro-ang moh. She's into extreme Asian stuffs, and not just Japanese, Korean, Chinese pop culture kinda of Asian stuff, but Chinse Literature, Chinese historical culture that kinda of stuff. And I am a English Lit student. Big clash of ideas.

My ideal place of travel is Europe, and hers is China. And the weird thing? I am actually more Chinese than her. She's speaks English all the time, while I cannot NOT speak Mandarin. She's from one of those "good" schools where everyone speaks English, and behave like they are ang mohs, while I was from a secondary school where most Chinese like to speak in Mandarin and/or Hokkien and behave like gangsters (even the girls). So different.

Ah, what to do, you cannot expect to get along with everyone. At least we are not enemies. I hate it when people question my authenticity as a Chinese. I am proud of my own culture, I am just not very interested in it. Plus, I really look at myself as a Singaporean.

Anyway, I am so tired from shopping for toiletries! IT'S SO DAMN HARD TO FIND SMALL TUBES OF TOOTHPASTE AND L-SIZE DISPOSABLE UNDERWEAR!!! Everything is free size. Well IF IT IS REALLY FREE SIZED, THEN HOW COME I CANNOT WEAR IT? Stupid disposable underwear companies. Oh, and don't feel sad for me, I used to have to wear maternity. When you've been there, you kinda feel great about being able to fit into an L size.

But anyway, I managed to find it (after taking a bus which totally costs too much, since when did 3 bus stops costs 90 cents??!!??), I finally managed to find the L sizers, but not the toothpaste. Okay, I shall just not brush my teeth with toothpaste in Thailand. DAMN YOU, TOOTHPASTE COMPANIES.

On a side note, the people at CPF Board (Woodlands Branch) were very helpful and friendly. They really do behave like it's the best job in the World. Wow, they must be paid a lot. But good service, very polite, very nice. In fact, today, all the people I met were really polite and nice. There's the people at CPF, the people at Watson's, Guardian's, even the irritating insurance people acted real nice when I rejected them. Hmm, is it me or is it them? *HORROR* AM I LOSING MY FIERCENESS? AM I NOW NOT SCARY ENOUGH ANYMORE? DAMN!!!

Alright, so to sum up, I am pro-ang moh, I wear L size disposable underwear, I am not going to brush my teeth with toothpaste in Thailand and everyone is nice to me today. And I hate it when people make everything to be about them. =]]]