Thursday, August 25, 2005

Am I Really Talking About Music?

As you can see, if you can see, I have updated my small list of music there -->.
I am rather fond of this little feature, even though I know that probably no one really cares about it. But it's nice for me, so there.

Anyway, I feel the need to discuss the songs that I have selected, because, well, it's a compulsive disorder (learned this phrase from Scrubs. Just so love putting a nice phrase to something as lowly-sounding as crazy) You can see an English song, a Japanese song, two Korean songs and one Mandarin song. That means nothing, just that I like these songs. But it does kinda show how partial I am to the Koreans, eh? Not sure how that happened.

Anyway, the first song is from Michael Buble, thanks to Jasu for the song. I am not really a Buble fan, I call him Bu Bu Lei because I think it's funny, and I make fun of his hair. But this song is nice, kinda a nice song to listen to when you have nothing better to do but think about the good things in life and how much you hate your godforsaken life.

The Japanese song is just nice on the ears because I do not know what the heck they are singing about. Hmm, I love being illiterate in a certain language, because it means you have to be really creative.

The next two songs, well, I have gushed over how much I love Pia and Nell. So I won't go into it. Marionette is a nice song, and it's currently the piercing message ringtone on my mobile that scares the baby-carrots out of anyone who is near enough to me when it rings. I like to think that I helped a few sleepy nine-to-fivers wake up in the morning when they are trying to sleep on the MRT. They should be more thankful instead of giving me the evil eye. Kindness does not pay nowadays.

The last song is a personal favourite at the moment. I like this guy Nicky Lee. He's from this group called Machi, a Taiwanese rap band. I think they are really scary, they have A KID who behaves like he's an adult gangster rapper, it's quite a gruesome sight. It looks as if his clothes will eat him up anytime. Squash squash, munch munch. Slurp.

Anyway, this Nicky person is really cute, I saw him on this Taiwanese show where he's struggling to speak Mandarin, tres adorable. And the fact that he used to be fat is extremely worthy of admiration, anyone who has the discipline to shave off at least 10 kg deserves to be worshipped. I used to be eligible for that criteria until I discovered Cafe Cartel, Sakae Sushi and Pasta Mania, DAMN YOU DELICIOUS FOOD!!! DAMN YOU!!!