Sunday, August 21, 2005

Friends

Today I went out with my Pink Army group to celebrate Chuyun's birthday. And in turn, had to turn down two different outings, one with a bunch of colleagues and one with Desmond, Wanyee and the rest whom Desmond refused to tell me, my poly mates.

Three outings falling on the same night, I feel guilty since I did promised Pearlene that I will go and I told Desmond that I will try to go too. Without remembering that it's actually the same date, around the same time. It's kinda choosing between past, present, future, or something like that.

But when push comes to shove, I had to choose Chuyun and Pink Army. Because well, it's them. It's Pink Army, it's the girls who are like sisters to me all these years. That alone is reason enough. I do appreciate and treasure the friendships that I am fortunate enough to have, and the people who likes me enough to call me a friend, I have to say that my secondary school friends are the most important to me.

I have once said that if anyone made me choose between my secondary school friends and them, it's no contest, I will take my secondary school friends anytime. I also said once that as long as I have their friendship for the rest of my life, I am happy enough.

It's amazing that almost ten years now as friends, and I still stand by this opinion. Even though I have a lot of other good friends, who I do care about alot, Pink Army will always be top on my list.