Wednesday, October 26, 2005

A Story Of My Sketchers

I was digging through my shoe cupboard yesterday for a decent pair of shoes to wear and I spotted this pair of Sketchers I bought a couple of years ago, and never wore for more than 3 times. Haha, Sketchers were like "THE SHOES" when I was still in my very early years. I don't know for the rest of World, but in my school when I was still a pri kid, Sketchers were "THE SHOES".

But sadly, I did not have the good fortune to own a pair of Sketchers in my pri days, all I had were boring, plain white Reebok track shoes that my school approves of. And I can't even run track, I was over 60 kg, and only about 145 cm, who expect me to run??!!?? It's a miracle that I could even walk. Anyway, 2 years ago when I was about 19, okay, so 3 years ago, I saw this killer pair of Sketchers that I fell in love with, cliche as it may sound, almost instantly. But they were really pricey for a pair of shoes that I'm not sure can even be considered to be shoes. It's one of those open-back type footwear that is kinda like slippers, but not really slippers. Lazy people shoes, as my mum calls them. All the appearances of shoes, but none of the hassle of wearing them (HOW HARD IS IT TO WEAR A PAIR OF SHOES??!!??), and the airing effect is superb.

So, in an unusual fashion of trifty spending, I hesitated about buying the shoes. For like 3 days. Because a few days after I saw the shoes, I met Benoit. Ha, he's this instructor at my French school who stood in for mine when she was sick. I had quite a crush on him. Not one to discuss about past crushes (liar!!!), but I just have to say that he has a nice package. *whistles*

Winnie knows how much his, urm, package, interests me (Winnie, eh? *wink wink*). Ha, nothing sleazy, okay? At least not VERY sleazy. I just think that he has a nice butt, everything is snug in the right places. Forgive me my momentary lapse, I am not usually a butt person, but Benoit... Benoit really has a nice butt...

Anyway, I have this crazy idea that if I buy the Sketchers, he will notice me. It's weird, but sometimes girls think like that. They have the craziest idea that certain material objects will attract a guy's attention. It's nuts, I know! Anyway, so with the noble and sacred aim that he will fall head over heels in love with me (yeah, I know I said "notice" before, but in the classic fashion of crazy thoughts, they do change just like that *click*), I bought the shoes. I don't even remember where I got the money for it, but I did.

And I wore the shoes for the first time to my French class, and was rather disappointed that my teacher was back. But not to be detered, because I know exactly what time he gets off, and I am a damn good lurker if I do say so myself. But I kinda have to lurk in front of him for him to notice the shoes and fall in love.

Ok, so I walked. In front of him. Which is a big sacrifice, because that puts me out of eyeline from his butt. And, nothing! He did not even notice, just kept chattering to the person beside him. That guy sure is a talker. Chatter, chatter, chatter. Damn! For all his cuteness and nice buttness, he sure is a talker. Anyway, much later on, I also realised that he's quite dorkish. Still cute, but kinda in other ways now.

Ok, so no one fell in love with me, and I am stuck with shoes that costs an arm and a leg, and which I cannot wear anywhere because they look like slippers, and they chafed!!!

So the moral of the story is that the shoes are not magical shoes that makes people notice and fall in love with me, and that despite the pricey tag, THE SHOES ARE FEET-KILLERS. They hurt like a sonofabitch. But the good thing is, after 3 years in my shoe cupboard, they still look new. Yippie for me! One of these days, if I feel the need to subject my feet to extreme torture, I might wear them again.

PS: I am suffering from slut-rash! Whenever I see this bitchy bitch at my workplace, I get itches. Slut-rash! Very lethal...