Friday, July 28, 2006

Erm, I have no idea how this entry got so long...

Alright so the brain is less tired, and hence, the mind is able to wander about thinking of wayward thoughts and nonsensical musings, and hence, becomes the building blocks for possible blog entries, and hence, I blog.

You did not understand that? I do not blame you.

So I am currently watching Inu Yasha, I know it's quite a long-ago anime, but I spent a long time trying to find it, and I don't really think good anime ever gets old, so don't start calling me a suaku. Anyway, I am currently watching Inu Yasha, and the episode I watched yesterday is by far the most emotional episode of any anime that I've watched.

The episode is mainly about how Inu Yasha met Kikyo and decided that he is so crazy jealous over the thought of Naruku having her (if I am Kikyo, I would SOOOOOO pick Naruku, he's better looking, so sexily depraved [ok, so I like depraved guys], and have that really cool spider burn mark [ok, so I like depraved guys with depraved body markings], that he decided to give everything he's got to protect her and be with her. This, by default, means he would have to give up Kagome. Kagome knowing his decision, decided to go back to her own world and never see Inu Yasha again.

It was emotional!

I can almost feel how crushed Kagome felt, and how much she wanted to go back and see Inu Yasha. I really have to commend the voice actors and the music people; the whole mood was just right and not overdone. The subtle, yet overwhelming feelings of Kagome just sends people to tears. And I especially, especially love how they add in the part with her mother. The term "mothers know best" is so apt here.

Under such circumstances, generally typical storylines would be for Inu Yasha to go and find her or maybe some catastrophe to happen and force them together again. Again, the anime surprised me by having a subtle conclusion to this episode.

Kagome deciding that she did not want to give up on Inu Yasha, and to be there for him, even if he chose to be with Kikyo. This is, ladies and gentleman, TRUE LOVE.

Although its easier to just give up and take your chances with someone else when the person you love is in love with someone else, however, the urge to just be there for that person is sometimes so overpowering that it's hard to really leave.

You may say that this will never happen in real life, but I can assure you, it does. And that's what makes this episode so special for me.

I really, really, really hope Inu Yasha wakes up and realise that Kagome is the only one who will always be there for him. Compare Kikyo and Kagome, definitely Kagome. Or Kagome can try to reform Naruku with her innate goodness and spend lotsa happy times making babies. Muahahaha.

Note: I KNOW that I spelt Naraku as Naruku. I caught the mistake, but it's so funny that I decided to leave it. ^_______^