Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Right To Choose

The choice to choose. Sometimes I think that is only what life is about, decisions after decisions of choice. It's so tiring sometimes. I wish I can have an easier, simpler life; having the right to choose, but not having to face the consequence of a wrong choice.

Much like the early ancestors. They hunt, they ate, they slept; only knowing to survive. It's simple, it's boring, but it's not complicated. There are no difficult choices like what career, whether or not to marry this guy, whether I should start saving money, whether the people around are plotting to kill me, etc, etc. I wish I could live a simpler life without such mundane decisions that cease to have any form of meaning whatsoever after I die.

Fat hope.

A million years from now, people will still have the same dilemma. To choose or not to choose. One of the curses of being a human. Sometimes I don't know why anyone bothers at all.

But maybe it should be made clear that we are the ones who CHOSE to shape our Society in such a manner. And we are the ones who are paying the price. An interesting irony, ain't it? We chose to live in a World dictated by choice, and we are now suffering the consequences of having to face these decisions of choice.

Well, that sucks.