Thursday, June 01, 2006

It's June! The year's half gone and I don't really feel like I have done anything constructive except waste oxygen and money.

I did watch X Men 3 last Saturday though. It was good, not as good as the first, but I liked it. Hugh Jackman is GREAT!!! Of course he has to be, considering that he's one of the top five actors who is on my never-get-sick-of list. Ha, first is Eric Bana, Christian Bale, Viggo and him as a fourth.

I shall not go into how I can watch them portray any kinds of character and still love them. Everyone knows.

Boring.

Something pretty interesting happened today. We got our results back; I got a D and was quite satisfied that I passed. Two other classmates, who got a B and a C respectively, seemed to be rather affected by their grades. I ended up trying to cheer both of them up.

It's weird. Am I strange for not feeling sad at all that I got a D? I passed, so that's fine with me. I did felt a little disappointed that I got a D, but after that, nothing much. Should I be aiming for higher grades?

Nah. Higher grades are for people who respect their studying. Me, I am just glad that I can pass. Of course if I can get an A, I will be happy. But good grades don't really make me exceptionally high or estatic for days, so I don't really work for it.

Hmmm, looking at the two books that I got from the MPH warehouse sales on Saturday. They are only $5 each, down from whatever high price they used to be. Quite happy with the purchase. Will start reading once I finished the books that I am reading. In case anyone is wondering why I seemed to be stuck on Frankl's book, I'm actually reading Da Vinci's Code and Euripides Selected Works at the moment as well, so a bit slow. =]