Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A Maple Tree

I am pleased to inform all and sundry that I have decided to retain my current lifestyle and not mess it up. Coward? I guess I am. But who isn't from time to time? I am not giving any excuses for my cowardice, just that, why throw a stone into a pond that is clear? Besides, I am not 100% sure whether I will even make an impression in his pond. I might end up just messing up my own pond, without barely a ripple in his.

I don't really think that I need to give anyone an explanation. But I am still blogging about it. Just for the heck of it.

Actually, the decision was not difficult to make. I am one of those losers who believes that answers comes to you in various forms. And for this particular dilemma, it came in the form of a dream. Muahahahhaa. Hear me out. Actually, it's not the first time that dreams have helped me made sound decisions. So I have a lot of faith in my dreams.

So in the dream, I was walking with this guy, who I cannot really see clearly or maybe just cannot remember (you know how dreams are), but I knew that I was really, really in love with him. Then the dream kinda contorted, meshing here and there. Suddenly I could hear myself telling him that I want a maple tree, and he said, and I remember this distinctly, "If that is what you want, then I will grow you one."

Then PONG! A maple tree with these really beautiful, vibrant red leaves grew in front of us. At that moment, I could actually feel my dream self moved to tears, the burning eyes and the tears trickling down the face. It just felt so real.

The dream kinda meshed again into other dreams, but when I woke up, I could remember this part so vividly. I also felt this crawling, burning sensation spreading throughout my entire being. And this thought kept running through my head, "You can only feel this way if you are truly in love."

Although I don't really consider myself to have been truly in love before, I believe that what I felt in my dream was genuine. And if that is a trace of what true love feels like, what I feel now cannot even be compared to it. Whatever I do now would be wrong, because obviously he is not the one.

And hence, a decision was made. And I shall continue to wait. All I need now is a guy who can grow me my maple tree.