Monday, January 28, 2008

Typing And The Perfect Formula (Again?)

Looking through some photos of my friends today, and it strikes me once again how much Mr Rainbow (a new nickname that he seems to like being called *shrugs*)reminds of a guy (let's call him Mr Q) that I used to really like when I was between the ages of 17-18

And even though the next couple of years after that, I had crushes here and there (because let's face it, it's ME we are talking about), I never really did forget about Mr Q entirely. I guess his was the kind of genuine likeness that was more than just a crush, and could have blossomed into a true sense of love, if it had the chance to. And such feelings you can never seem to forget entirely, even after you get over your them and move on.

What strikes me as interesting now is that although Mr Rainbow and Mr Q are so much alike in personality, they are so different in the looks department, that it was only until I started having feelings for Mr Rainbow and spending a lot of time around him that I realised how alike they are.

And that has got me wondering, are we all just attracted to the same type of person over and over again? Is there really only one fixed type of person who has the ability to make our hearts race? So am I supposed to look out for the exact same type of personality in the next guy that comes along? Or considering the experience of failure with both Mr Q and My Rainbow, should I just look for an exact opposite in order to find my true happiness?

I guess it all boils down to the "perfect formula" again. I am beginning to really wonder if there is really a way of churning up your happiness through a set of guidelines that has the highest success rate aka the "perfect formula". Maybe this so-called formula varies from person to person and the only way to really perfect it, would be through experience and constant fine-tuning.

Which may be a way of explaining why some people seem to go through a series of toxic relationships before settling down in their own happily ever after. But what about those who never find theirs? Is it because they fail to find the formula or is it because they have given up trying to find the answer at the end of the equation?

Questions, questions. Will we ever get the answers to these questions? I don't know, but I do believe that perhaps the best way to move on and grow with each experience in life is the questions that we ask and the journey to that eventual answer. My only wish is that the formula will not get too confusing and hopefully becomes easier with each step of the way. I have never really been that good with Maths.