Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Ask A Question?

The yearly day for couples to flaunt their love and togetherness is almost upon us! Yet another Valentine's Day that has absolutely no meaning for me. I remember a time when me and my girlfriends, when they were single, would get together and flaunt our own love and togetherness. But as we grew older, and more and more of them got their own tables for two, we don't really bother to think about meeting up because there are so few singletons left.

While I am not particularly upset about the fact that I don't get to celebrate Valentine's Day, since the day is only special if you have someone special to spend it with, the frilliness, laciness, pinkness, redness and love-shapedness that is overtaking the entire city is starting to scare me a little. I mean, why? Why? Frills, lace, pink, red and love shapes everywhere! It's like the exact opposite of a horror movie, which tries to scare you shitless with scary things, this is like trying to scare you shitless with frilly, lacey, pink, red and love-shaped things.

Anyway, I was looking at this Magic 8 Ball simulation website today, and it has all of the questions asked by people posted on the website in real time. Out of curiousity, I looked through the questions, and found some of the following questions:


Am I crazy?

Is he in love with someone else?

Does he have feelings for me?

Will we be together eventually?

Should I give up on him?

Will I ever find true happiness?


All these questions were posted by people that I do not know, but these questions are the ones that have been running through my mind for a while now. It is rather comforting to know that I am not alone in facing these uncertainties.

And then it hit me that humans have been dealing with these questions since they realised that sex with certain special feelings of attraction is so much more pleasant. And most of them managed to do relatively okay, until eventually they reach a point when these questions don't really matter anymore (i.e. when they die... =P).

That is just such a cheering thought, ain't it?

So well, since I was already on the website, I decided to ask some questions of my own. And here goes:

Will the frilliness, laciness, pinkness, redness and love-shapedness kill me?

Will I celebrate VDay alone this year?

Will I finally be able to take a dump tomorrow?

Okay, so apparently, I have no right to know about my VDay plans, I don't even have right to a clear cut sign of how I will die and if I will be able to shit tomorrow. Ahhh, the story of my life, even the Powers That Be just chooses to screw around with me and keep me in suspense.

Well, at least I don't have to rely on a fake ball simulation on the internet to tell me that!