Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Dum Dum Dum

Chinese New Year flew by just like that, and it's time to seriously get down to business and start pretending that I actually care about my grades.

For a while now, I have been considering whether or not I want to continue my English Lit degree with SIM. I have been putting it off because I want to concentrate on my Mass Comm and at least get one degree finished up before I get too old, and no one actually wants to employ me.

I do love English Literature and Psychology, but the amount of studying I have to do really tires me out, especially when I hate to study for exams. Why can't they just do away with exams and make us do essays? Essays are good!

And I feel that exams are not really a good way of testing a person's knowledge on literature, simply because reading is something that evokes personal thoughts and feelings, and not something that should be structured by rules.

For my English Lit module, I actually did really well for my essays in the later part of the semester, but the final exam really got my grade down.

Dum dum dum. I still have not come to a decision yet, hopefully, I will in the next couple of weeks. There are so many factors to consider! Baaaah! -_-