Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Mistake

While doing nothing today I got to thinking, which has become a favourite activity of mine these days. Sitting around doing nothing, and think about what went wrong. Think about how it used to be. Why things have changed so much. And how could I have been so sure, when it was just a mistake right from the start. Yeah, I guess I have finally come to realise that it was all a huge mistake.

So there I was, thinking about mistakes that everyone makes in their lives. And this thought suddenly hit me. Maybe the biggest mistake that I have made is wait too long for the right guy to come along, and when he did, I placed too much pressure both on him and on myself to make it perfect.

*Uncle's maid approaches with a bowl of longan dessert* Hmmm nice. I can really get used to this.

Where was I?

Yeah, so I guess that's the biggest mistake that I made. I waited. Maybe it's just time to take some chances instead of just waiting. Maybe I should just live in the moment and stop thinking about the future so much.

Maybe giving someone else a chance, I am actually giving myself a chance.

A chance to finally get there.