Monday, May 12, 2008

To Blog Or Not To Blog

Was doing some random googling when I read about Ellen Simonetti, an ex-flight attendent who was fired for blogging a few years ago. Probably old news, but it kinda makes me wonder if my freakish addiction to blogging will ever come in the way of my job next time.

Would I really stop blogging if the company I will be working for requests for me to cease and desist or risk losing my job?

I don't think I can EVER stop blogging. It's become so much a way of life for me. And I have officially been blogging for three years! If you were to consider my first blog at Livejournal as well, since late 2003... Wah, close to five years! Not bad for a short-attention span person like me, eh?

Anyway, I don't think I can ever stop blogging. But to lose a job over a hobby, albeit a very serious hobby, seems kinda ridiculous and trivial.

Oh well, I will probably not even come to that point, since there are so many millions of bloggers out there nowadays. I think blogging has become so much of a way of life nowadays, every Lulu, Sally and Mary also have a blog. It wouldn't be such a big deal anymore as compared to what Ellen Simonetti faced a couple of years ago.

Anyway her blog is still up with regular updates. I find her blog a very good read.