Saturday, May 10, 2008

A Saturday Post

Lethargic, lethargic, lethargic.

What a restless Saturday afternoon. I can actually go out now and meet HJ because she is on her way to town, but just so lazy to get moving.

I hate washing my hair, it's so long now that it takes double the time to wash, condition and dry. And it gets really drippy. Troublesome.

Just spent a bit of time updating myself on friends' blogs and the blogs of people that I spy on from time to time. Not many updates though, not everyone is a blogging freak like yours truly, although someone I know who knows someone I know has just got her heart broken over a 3 or 4 week relationship.

Apparently, the guy already asked her to be his girlfriend, but his ex came back at the most impromptu of times and he kinda just stopped contacting her.

Not sure if I feel sad for her for getting her hopes up and dashed like that, or if I pity her for placing so much stock in such a short relationship in the first place. Oh well, sometimes when we meet someone that really attracts us, we don't really have time to really look at things in perspective.

Anyway, I was just telling a friend online about this funny conversation I had with my Pinkies yesterday. It's about how knowledgeable I am in the Hokkien slang area.

One of the guys from the group yesterday said something like "Tonight no tio leh."

HJ and PS were quite confused because they don't really understand what he meant. So after that, when we went for supper, I tried to explain to them what it means. The convo went something like this:

Me: "Tio is something like when you want to go out, then you want to ask me if I am going out, so you can ask me "Simi tio?" Or if I have plans already and I want to ask you along, I will say "Got tio liao or chut tio liao", understand?"

HJ: -giggles giggles-

PS: So vulgar! Mao! Don't talk like that lar!"

-_-

I really seldom talk like that loh, unless I am trying to be funny or annoying. Is they ask, so I explain, then I kena scolding! These girls hor. Knowledge is power, people! But I think it's true to a certain extent that I do have unladylike speech patterns. I am trying to curb, I cannot imagine if I say to my boss next time, "Boss, gin meh simi tio?" I think the boss will kick me out of the company so fast, I don't even have a chance to blink loh.

Hehheh. Actually Hokkien is quite a funny language. It's so vulgar sometimes it's awesome. If you catch me spewing Hokkien at you, it means I either know you damn well or I am trying to repel you. Whichever makes you sleep better at night.

Sigh, tired until KNS!!! Must I really drag myself out of bed? Or should I take a nap first? Hmmm...

PS: Whoa, I almost closed the notepad that I was typing this entry on, without posting it because I got sidetracked was not paying attention. I could kill myself if I forgot to post after all the miniscule effort I put into typing it out.