Wednesday, May 07, 2008

A Post That Started With A Different Ending

Was reading this blog of a friend's friend the other night, and the feeling I get is that although she is in a stable, committed relationship with her boyfriend, she is not entirely happy. In one of her posts, she wrote that her only wish is that he would just treat her better everyday instead of being the best boyfriend in the world on the one day of their anniversary.

That got me thinking, maybe stability and commitment is not really enough to make a relationship work? Despite that both parties may want to be in a relationship together, but sometimes certain differences just make it near impossible to be really together without any quarrels and arguements.

But what really makes two persons want to be together?

Apart from the usual being in love, getting along well, having a good time together and actually wanting to be together, maybe there is actually something else that draws two people to each other, and subsequently making the relationship work?

I am saying this because it just seems to me that maybe the above factors are not enough at all. If it is really enough, then we wouldn't be seeing so many broken relationships where what really drove them apart is actually not the lost of feelings, but, more often than not, the abundance of it.

Relationship really takes damn lots of hard work. Sometimes I think that I am really too lazy for all that work.

I chanced upon another blog of this woman who is still hopelessly in love with her ex-boyfriend. And it seems to me that she has been waiting for him for the past couple of years. I wonder where on earth did she get such patience from. Is that guy really that difficult get over? Is he really The One for her? Or can he be The One for two people at the same time. Or is one of them just making herself believe that he may be The One?

And guess the madness of it? This person actually read my blog before. Well, if you still read my blog, I know you do because one of the quotes you used is by me. No one else could have thought of it. I can understand why you are curious about me, because here I am, being curious about you too.

I think we have a lot in common, we even bought the same book "Memory Keeper's Daughter".

LOL.

Talking to someone who I don't even know still reads my blog or not.

I think I have come a long way from sheer craziness.

It's really just interesting how life turns out sometimes...

"You can think that you are the only person who can care about someone the way you do. But the day when you realised that someone else actually loves that person more, it's simply time to admit that you have lost." - Hensen Moer