Thursday, March 12, 2009

I Don't Know Why People Like To Go IT Show

Arrgh! I want to rant!!!

Today I went to the IT Show at Suntec, with Lyn accompanying me, with the intention of purchasing a netbook as well as help my cousin to get a router. I was hoping that since I am going on a Thursday, it won't be that crowded.

Boy, was I wrong.

Before I even reach the halls, the elevators at Suntec was already choke full of people trying to get to the IT Show. But that was okay, because I knew that come the weekend, it was definitely going to be worst.

So anyway, I headed over to the Lenovo booth because I kinda already decided to get their Lenovo S10. So I approached one of the sales guy and asked him about international warrenty. And he told me that there was for any country and quoted me a price of about $100 over, close to $200, from a brochure.

I then walk away to the side to discuss with Lyn a bit and decided to get it. So I went back and approached another lady. She was really nice but she wasn't very sure about international warrenty, so she got another guy to help me, who told me this time that the international warranty was $99 for three years, but only limited to South East Asia.

Okay, I sort of already guessed that the first guy was kind of blur,and expected that he might have given me the wrong information. Lyn also commented that maybe it's their first day on the job.

So I double-confirmed the price of the warranty,and I also asked about the battery. The guy confidently told me both the price of the warranty and the battery was at a discount for the IT Show, but I can only get it from the redemption counter.

I then made my payment,and lugging my newly purchase netbook, fought my way to the redemption counter. Only to face this very unprofessional lady who acted like she was having coffee instead of serving customers. She was not rude or anything, but she was plain unhelpful.

I asked her about the international warranty and the battery and she told me that I can only buy it from the Lenovo people. I told her that the Lenovo people asked me to approach her counter. Then she and the girl beside her started looking at this piece of paper, wondering if maybe they will be able to process the warranty afterall. But they still told me no, so I asked her to double check with Lenovo for me, and all she said was:

"I don't know. We are different people."

Yeah, whatever. Stand inside your tiny counter and rot lar!

I mean, it's already quite bad that you are not even sure of your job scope. Never mind. But if a customer ask you to check, then at least do something. Don't just shrug away with a "I don't know". It's very not customer service nor professional.

I don't care if they only pay you $2 an hour to stand there and look pretty. If you want the money, farking get the job done.

So I decided to go back to Lenovo myself to check with them. I had to walk around the area a few times before I find the lady who served me, because the place was just so freaking crowded.

And yes, I was getting really annoyed.

I told her what happened at the redemption counter, so she went to approached another guy to ask. I do have to state for the record here that she was really polite and helpful. Although her product knowledge is low, but I can see that she is trying.

Not like those christmas balls standing at the redemption counter.

So this time round, this next guy said...

I can only purchase the extended warranty and extra battery online, and that the prices is the same.

So meaning, it's not really an IT Show price?

o_O

I really don't know what's the problem here. So many different answers and I still have not gotten my extended warranty and my extra battery.

I am so going to call up Lenovo tomorrow.

But on a bright note...

I HEART MY NEW LENOVO S10.

PS: I am really tired now from all that IT Show crowd and hooha. And from configuring my new toy. So this entry looks crappy. There, I've disclaimed. So there.