Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Another Queen Seon Deok Post

Just watched another fantastic episode of Queen Seon Deok!

I feel so downright suaku that I am only watching it now, but damn it's good. Spoilers alert. From now on all my Queen Seon Deok posts may contain spoilers, so buzz off now if you are one of those people who will crap a shitload in your pants just because you think someone spoiled a show for you. If a show is really good, not even knowing the ending can ruin it. Not gonna repeat myself again.

Revolving around Deok Man's first official challenge to Mishil, I've read quite a few comments regarding this episode so I kind of already knew what happened. But nothing could prepare me for the sheer brilliance of the plot.

I know that some people think that Deok Man is a bitch for lying to Yushin and Bidam to achieve her goal, especially since Bidam almost lost his life. But I think that it's actually very ingenious of her. Not only does she know her allies' well enough to exploit their traits and characteristics in her plan, she also had a very good grasp of her opponent.

Yes, she almost sacrificed Bidam, but no great war was won without risks. She took a calculated one and came out winning the entire hand. And judging from Bidam's damn high expression when he realised the truth, not only was he exhilarated by what happened, his admiration and loyalty to Deok Man was very apparently consolidated.

Simply farking brilliant.

Yes, yes I do remember it's all semi-fictitious. Accolades to the writers who came up with such a good story and the actors and actresses who brought the story to life. Much love to Mishil! She's FIERCE! I like!