Monday, April 26, 2010

The Moment Of Greatness

Another Queen Seon Seok related post. I am so obsessed! It's been a long while since a drama has captured me so! In an entirely good way!

The following contains spoilers! Don't read on if you are even more suaku than me and have not watch it. Come on, I am already damn suaku, so please watch it soon if you have any inclinations at all to do so. It's really damn good!

Okay so the best part of the episode I just watched happened in the last 10 minutes or so. Something that frequently occurs while watching QSD; it can be drawn out and slow at times but it's the great moments which happen within only a few minutes that makes it worthwhile.

Deok Man tried to infiltrate the Gaya (?) camp with Bidam (<3) and Alcheon (<3<3), and was surrounded by their forces. Yushin managed to save them and there and then declared his loyalty to Deok Man as his ruler. I think this is really the definitive moment of greatness for her.

Despite all her resolve, without the alliance of military strength that Yushin had risked his life to obtain, it would had been almost impossible for her to have a fighting chance for the throne. That and the belief and faith that Bidam (<3) and Alcheon (<3<3) have in her makes for her greatness.

And it's so sad because to achieve this greatness they had to sacrifice their love. Not only does Yushin love Deok Man, he was the definitive point where she embarked on her road to her greatness.

Greatness is not assumed or demanded. It is bequeathed upon by people who believes in you. A major theme of the show right from the beginning. It is something that we should all keep in mind. Something that I want to keep in mind.

"My reason for existing. My worth for being. It may not be to achieve greatness. But perhaps to believe in greatness."

PS: Did this entire post on my iPhone! My iPhone typing skills have improved!