Friday, December 03, 2010

My Fandomsy - The Aftermath

I am back at the office enjoying a healthy burst of air-conditioning and having a nice cold drink!

Honestly I am glad the thing is over. I left before the fanmeet ended so I don't know if they are still signing autographs and what not. I think almost 2 hours of waiting (I was there around 9.30) and 45 minutes of listening to his translator explain what he's saying is a good show of support, considering my past efforts.

No doubt getting to see him in person was nice, but I am beat! Damn tiring. I don't understand how his die-hard fans can do this with so much energy.

Anyway, it was a nice session. The queue to get in was really efficient and I managed to get in within half an hour. I also got a nice little goodie bag with a poster, postcards and a TFS mask. The fans were really well-behaved with a very bearable noise level. I managed to get a nice spot right at the back and did not felt claustrophobic at all.

Before his arrival, the MC was asking questions about him and throwing autographed posters when the crowd gave the right answers. It was a nice way to make everyone less antsy and have a bit of fun, considering how hot it was. Props to the MC! He's pretty humourous too.

As for KHJ himself, he was not really a surprise. He is every bit as good-looking as all that, so yeah. The language barrier probably took away some of the really interesting personality that he has, but it was okay. I really din't get that surreal feeling I got when I first saw Shinhwa. But it was probably because I was too busy baking in the heat to feel surreal. Oh, but his translator is really pretty! I bet they have something going on! Haha!

Now the auction was where things got really interesting. They are auctioning two of his autographed standees and the proceeds goes to the WorldVision One Life Fund to help children and youths living with HIV/Aids. It's a really good cause. But guess how much the standees went for?

$6500 and $6686!

My god! These are really ridiculous amounts of money to spend to support an idol. I mean, it's great that the money goes to charity and all, but the people who got the standees all looked really young. Should they be spending this kind of money?

I think even KHJ himself was uncomfortable at the bids. He kept urging the crowd not to push themselves too hard. And this is where he earned my respect today. Not only did he kept telling them to stop bidding, he himself donated $6686 (his birthday date) to the WorldVision One Life Fund after the last bid.

Like I said before, he is one intriguing fellow. I read his article in the Newpaper where he apparently said "if not looks, what else could I go for?" to a type-of-girlfriend-he-looks-for question.

There's just so much honesty flowing from him and the things he say that I sometimes wonder if it's all scripted. It's just impossible for a young celebrity to be so nonchalant and brave to behave like that, and not worry about possible repercussions.

Oh well, the Golden Salty Dumpling is too cute anyway, so maybe he don't have to worry.

But oh! I saw the bodyguard! He is just so awesome! Got aura! He came in a while after KHJ and I immediately felt his presence! Too bad he was so super-secret-agent like fast that I did not manage to take a shot of him.

Haha!