Tuesday, November 15, 2011

It Only Takes A First Step

We all reach a point in our lives when life as it is becomes a thing of the past and changes starts happening.

An example of this is how the dynamics of a close-knitted group of friends slowly shifts, and friends became less important as a new life with your spouse becomes priority.

Slowly, we will start to see each other lesser and lesser. Then the group begins to become smaller and smaller. Eventually, we will become the kind of friends who only meet up a couple of times a year, and only during important occasions.

And as much as you try to remain involved with each others' lives, time just seemed to slip by, and before you know it, another year has gone by.

It is kind of sad, but it is a reality of life. We just have to keep the faith that true friendship never dies, regardless of how little we see each other or talk to each other.

True friendship is in the heart, unmeasurable by proximity or passage of time.

Maybe it's time I learn to take a step outside of this protective circle of my friends' way of life, and start finding one of my own. I can't live in the safety net of a domesticated life just because all my friends are there. It may be comfortable, it may feel safe, but it's not where I am meant to be right now.

Perhaps this is just the chance I need to finally achieve the dreams I've had since a long time ago.