Thursday, May 19, 2005

How Shall I Name Thee, Letter L?

L Word is a good series, about 1 and a half years after I saw its advertisement during a Yankees baseball game, I finally got to watch it. It is a refreshing change from the stuffs I am used to seeing, the usual "safe" stuff.

Jasu said that I probably won't like it, good thing I forced her to lend it to me. So far I have only seen like one episode and a half, and it's definitely holding my interest. But my monitor's turned pink again, so I have to wait till the colour comes back before I can continue watching. Damn.

I guess one thing for EXTREMELY STRAIGHT, NON-LESBIAN, MUSCLE-DIGGING, LOVE-MEN-TILL-DEATH girls like me is that, most of us tend to be uncomfortable with the issue of lesbianism. Perhaps it is just like macho, chick-loving, egomaniac males who are uncomfortable with the issue of gayism. Somehow to me, it's the other way round. I am more comfortable with lesbianism than gayism. The thought of two males rubbing it together somehow seemed almost repugnant as compared to two females doing the same thing.

Maybe it's the fact that I am a girl, and it's easy to see why some girls would prefer to be with girls. Girls are generally closer with each other anyway. I guess being a lesbian is being able to take a close friendship to a more intimate level, and being able to accept the fact that they are with a girl.

Actually, being with a girl is not that bad too, I am sure a lot of girls who have close girlfriends would have at one time thought "this is way better than any relationship with a guy", right? Gawd knows the number of guys who had driven me so nuts that it makes me want to contemplate turning into a lesbian. But of course, people who knows me know that I can never be one, as I am almost graduating my studies to becoming a nympho, no point wasting all that effort. Besides, I like the sight of a well-built man. *slurp*

It's funny though that a lot of my friends say that I have the most potential to becoming a lesbian, but I have it on good authority that I can never be a lesbian. I used to have a colleague at Guest Castle, who is a lesbian. I think her name is Fan or something like that, and she told me once that I am very unattractive to lesbians. My ego had propelled me, at the time, to ask with a unhappy pout, WHY? She answered with a nonchalant "You are just unattractive to us loh. Too straight lah" Haha, you really don't know whether to be flattered or to be insulted.