Monday, May 16, 2005

Windier

Today was a weird day, almost felt like I was dreaming on my feet. It's very hard to describe what I felt today. I was sitting at the DO desk, standing in for Dam while the CSOs go laugh loudly in our manager's office, when I suddenly remembered the first time I went to the office. I was sitting in the same area, but on the sofa for promoters, waiting for my interview.

I was looking at an ex-colleague, Charlene, doing her work, and waiting for the assistant manager to interview me. And I sat there wondering if I will get the job, and at the time, I thought that the chances were pretty low. I usually try not to get my hopes up when I go for interviews. So I was sitting there, and I remember thinking about how serious Charlene looked while working, and she seemed pretty stressed up.

And one year later, I was sitting at the same place where she was sitting, but not doing the same thing. I was just sitting there, staring at where I was sitting, and dreaming. It's amazing that I can stay at a job for so long, even to the point that I am starting to learn new stuffs and have new duties, something that never happened to me before in all the other jobs that I've worked before. And the good friends whom I've made, when I really did not expect to make any. To think that I almost did not went for the interview. Perhaps I will still be slogging at Sentosa if I did not managed to find someone to replace my morning shift that day.