Friday, May 13, 2005

When Old Friends Quarrel

I had an outburst at two of my friends just now via MSN. And after going about in circles about the issue that I was angry about, I suddenly lost steam. My brain just stopped functioning, and I lost my train of argument.

I have no idea why that happened, probably because one of the girls who I was ranting at is having her birthday today. I don't know. I just kinda realise that they seemed to understand what I am trying to say, and that there's really no way you can argue with a person anymore after that.

It's been a long-standing issue in our group, that no one seems to be able to change. It happens to almost everyone before. Miscommunication, not understanding what each other really mean, and sometimes the mild inconsideration that no one seems to notice. I am guilty of it too. It's amazing our group can last so long. I really have no idea why.

And the two of them actually succeeded in making me guilty ranting at them, even though while I was still feeling a little upset. Perhaps, to me, the friendship is much more important than alot of other things. At first, I thought that they do not give a crap about me, but after they tell me, they did bothered, well, it's not an issue anymore.

I am alright about it now, amazing short span of time, since I am quite a petty person. If it were to be any other friends at all, I will probably be able to take it in stride better. But probably because I know this group of friends very well (proudly going on 10 years!!!), there are certain things that I thought they know, but they don't really know. Ahh, I don't know!!!

Anyway, just want to blog down this particular day, so that someday, maybe we can laugh at it. I know that I can be childish, but it's better to be childish, than let something fester and eventually become a sore point. I just hope that my friends understands that. Sometimes when you care about something a lot, like this friendship that I have, you tend to go a little crazy when you think that no one else seems to care as much as you do.