Thursday, July 07, 2005

Slow... But Informative

Aha! My comp is busted, so while I am backing up the stuffs so that I can reformat, I have to resort to using my old computer to blog. And the comp is in Chinese, because my Dad installed some kind of Chinese software. Ha, I did not know that Blogspot have a Chinese version.

It's funny to see Chinese words instead of the English ones that I am used to. And it makes me very damn impressed with Blogspot. I wish I can take down some screenshots.

I only managed to finish up one essay, before my comp gave up on me. I don't really know how to describe, but it just flatout gave up. And I only got the thing for like less than a year. Damn. Must be my constant abuse of it. With my volume of usage, I guess I am more suited for a desktop instead of a notebook. I guess I have to look into getting cheap PC soon. Arrgh. It's frustrating.

They are all making such a big hooha about the Olympics thinggy. I know I should be proud, but I do think that there is a lot more to my beautiful little country to be proud of, than just playing host to a bunch of people coming together to decide where to spend an unreasonably SORDID amount of money for a few hundred athletes to gather and have sex. Oh, of course, there is the competing, the glory, the sportsmanship. Oh yes, we must never forget all these.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Olympics. What better source to ogle at hundreds of fit, sweaty, VERY MUSCULAR guys fight it out for the ultimate medal? Oh, I am definitely a big fan of the Olympics. Ok, I admit, I do get a little adrenaline rush, watching people compete. I like cheap thrills.

Anyway, my issue is not about the Olympics or anything. It's about people who declares their love for this country, simply because of something like that. It's disgusting, especially, when usually, they have nothing but criticisms (sp? lazy to check) for Singapore. I love my little, sunny island. Simply for what it is. A safe home to me, a beautiful and clean place, our rich history and cultures, and most importantly, where all my good memories are (probably because I have not stayed anywhere else long enough to create good memories there, but still...). These are enough, aren't they? I am proud of what we are, Olympics or no Olympics. I LOVE SINGAPORE.

I know I am really not the embodiment of a patriot who loves her country. But where do you find those nowadays anyways? I love my country in my own way, just like I like to do everything else. Don't judge me, alright? Well, even if you do, who cares? Screw you. ^_____^