Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Transporter II

Went to watch Transporter II today, and before I unleashed my comments about the movie, I just want to say for the record that I like this movie. I liked the first one and I like this one.

I mean, what's not to like? The movie is basically about this Transporter guy, also known to be a "hunter", whatever that means, who goes by the slightly unexciting name of Frank (no offence to all the other Franks and the similarly named sausages out there) Martin, who gets embroiled in this consipiracy to inflict this deadly virus on some very important, but not-very-essential-to-the-movie, people. Throw in a villian with a charming accent (whose kendo skills is almost totally useless except to consolidate the fact that he may be a tough guy), a kid who got kidnapped (how come it's still "kid"nap when you abduct adults? Shouldn't it be something like mannapped or womannapped?), a possible romantic complication and a weird kohl-eyed chick with two very big guns, and you have Transporter II!!!

Anyway, one thing that I noticed about this movie is that, in the world of Frank, things are very different from us here in the out-of-the-movie world. In Frank's world of rules, and number 1s with no number 2s, he is allowed to take anything he wants from anywhere, like an iPod for instance, which the owner is just so stupid to leave lying around, and which is also, interestingly, a possible crime-fighting aid.

It is apparently also a world where Frank can "fly", where things that he wants to find will be easily found, where it is alright to steal other people's girlfriend's jet-skis, with their girlfriend still on it (which brings us back to the point of being allowed to take anything he wants), and where the term "don't move" actually means "pick up a lamp, and slam it into my balls". Alright, so I am not exactly sure where he slammed it into, but the whole sentence would sound less funny had I used "head" or "body", right?

And finally, it is also a world where you make Creme Brulée on bunsen burners, where coconuts are punching gloves, and where water hoses and paint buckets are deadly weapons.

Okaaaay, so I have my iPod and water hose ready, I'm just on my way out to buy a few buckets of paint, and a few dozen coconuts, and I am all set! To fight crime ala TRANSPORTER STYLE!!! So do I just fight crimes, or do I still have to transport stuffs? Somehow the duties of a Transporter gets a little confusing.

Well, like I said, I like this movie.

PS: Is is weird that I find guys who are balding extremely attractive now?