Friday, June 22, 2007

Recollection Of The Brave

For the past few days, I have been hearing this same comment from a lot of my friends, something that I haven't really thought about until today, and I suddenly realised I am extremely amused and tickled by it.

The comment being:
"I think you are really brave! I can never admit to a guy that I like him!"

I know that there are probably tons of girls who would openly tell a guy that she likes him, not like the cowardly manner that I chose, via SMS, but it seems to me that, to my circle of friends, the fact that I even did it was BRAVE!

Good, I do like being brave, even though the results were so drastically saddening. But hey, people get over such things, so let's just talk about the bravery.

But I can just say right now that I will probably, almost confirmed, guaranteed plus chopped, NEVER EVER DO IT AGAIN.

The moment I decided to do it, my heart was racing like mad. I was kinda worried that it will just stop on the spot. After that, it took me 15 minutes to compose an SMS that consists of only two short sentences. And after that, half an hour went by deciding whether to send it out.

During that time, I even called up two of my best friends and asked for their opinions, then I asked the friends I was with. Then I took another five or ten minutes to make up my mind. The whole deciding part was decidedly torturing. It was just awful to be in a situation like that. Or so I thought.

After I sent it out, during which my mind was a total blank like only my fingers were operating on their own, the waiting part became the real torture. At that point, even my heart seemed to have stop beating. I couldn't feel anything, my body was numb, my heart was numb, my brain was numb. Everything was just, numb. My friends asked me something, I couldn't even register what it was. That was just how horrible it was.

That said, however, I think all girls should just experience it once in their life, so that they will understand how difficult it is for a guy to put himself out there to possibly be chopped down by a girl. I don't think just because guys seem stronger, they won't experience the same thing.

So my fellow female companions, the next time a guy tells you that he likes you, be kind and let him down gently if you don't return his feelings. It is a nerve-wrecking experience and anyone who dares to do it, deserves kindness in return. It's all about karma. =D

PS: Working towards closure means sharing the experience and talking about it. I think I am doing quite a good job, aren't I? =)