Thursday, September 20, 2007

Macau Trip Part III

My second week in Macau is almost over! OMG! Where has the time gone to? Pretty much been staying in a lot because there's virtually nothing to do in Macau if you've been here for a while, and I HAVE been here for a while! And also because I love to sleep. =P

But it's okay, because we are going to Hong Kong this weekend! Yippie! Finally going to Hong Kong! I've been wanting to go to Hong Kong for a while now, and this overnight trip is definitely the highlight of the week! And both Jasu and me decided to splurge a little and stay in the Langham Hotel, which is kinda an upscale hotel in Hong Kong.

Shopping shopping, here I come!!! And Jasu promised me that we will go dabinlo in Hong Kong. Yeah!!!

Anyway, today I went to Hac Sa beach and Coloane Village to explore around and take some pictures. I've actually been to both places before last week, when Jasu's colleague drove us around, but did not really get to take any pictures.

I did not really spend a long time at either places. Hac Sa is nice enough for a beach, but a bit crowded and noisy with all the tour groups, coming by the busloads. Guess the place is somewhat of a tourist attraction. I still prefer the tranquility of East Coast Park or the beaches at Sentosa on a weekday. =D

Coloane Village is a nice, quiet little village, away from the hustle and bustle of the city area. I took a short walk around, and went to Lord Stow's Bakery to buy some of their pastries. Apart from really famous egg tarts, they have this custard-like cheesecake which is really nice, but a bit too heavy for me. I also bought a really huge muffin which kinda looks like the "huat kuah" we have in Singapore. Haven't ate it yet though so I have no idea what it tastes like. Probably good, judging from the business of the bakery.

After that, it was back home for a short rest, then to Venetian to meet Jasu for dinner. I decided to forgo taking a taxi and walked there, cutting through Taipa Village on the way. I realised that Taipa Village has become somewhat of a favourite place of mine. Especially in the evenings, when the place comes alive, exuding a nice, quiet local charm.

After meeting up with Jasu, we decided to have Japanese food at Taipa Village, and then it's back home for us. Hehheh, we were actually contemplating whether to go out for drinks or do something. However, laziness won over and now she is playing Nintendo WII and I am surfing the net and blogging. Hehheh, a lazy in-night for us again.

A little evaluation thus far. I feel that Macau is a charming place with a lot of unique local and cultural flavours. But the people here can be quite rude and customer service is definitely rare. And it can be challenging for someone who don't speak the local languages. I do understand and speak a little Cantonese, and even so it is a little difficult for me to get through to them at times. But once you get used to it, I guess it's not really that big of a problem. The important thing to remember is some of them are not rude to you because they hate you or anything, they are actually just rude to everyone! =D