Sunday, June 01, 2008

What Does Love Means To You?

I was reading a couple of blogs that I frequent regularly and this one line from a particular blog caught my eye.

"What does love means to you?"

Well... Let's see if I can do this rationally without the need to be uncontrollably emo.

To me, love used to be something beautiful. The thing that I yearn for and always believed that will eventually happen, that forever seems out of reach, yet easily attainable if I continued to be patient.

Something that will make me happy when I eventually find it.

I don't really believe that anymore, I feel.

Love can be the easiest thing to attain, but the most difficult task to master. You can love and/or be loved and still be unhappy.

Recently I have a friend who tried to kill herself because her boyfriend passed away. She did not succeed, fortunately. But however mean it may sound, I think that it is the stupidest thing to do in the name of love. If you love someone, the last thing you would do is to harm yourself. Because to be in love is a precious thing, if you cannot even treasure this easy, yet difficult state that we all somehow find ourselves miraculously in, despite how inept or unworthy we may be, then you don't deserve it. At all.

Love, to me now, is simply the ability to live your life the best way you know how, be happy and search for the little moments where your love is justified. Where seeing any form of happiness from the person you love becomes a peaceful wave of contentment that washes over you.

So am I in love now?

I guess the answer would be a no.