Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Commiseration

Sometimes I wonder how she is doing. She doesn't seem to be doing so well, or maybe I just assumed.

Not everyone is able to get over certain events in their lives by running away until they are ready, or get to the point when time really dulls whatever pain that was incurred.

Some people don't even get the luxury of running away or even ever hope that they will eventually get over it.

They just suffer in silence, praying for resolution someday.

At the back of my mind, I have always hope to be able to sit down with her someday and thrash everything out. Listen to her story, tell her mine.

Because deep down, I think we are not really all that different. We have so many similarities that it seems almost ironic.

I think the bottomline is, we all just need someone to commiserate. Even when there may or may not be closure.