Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Snippet

"Everyone is in love with the idea of being in love. If not then no one would want to fall in love. Although as we grow older, it becomes more realistic and practical, and not so coated in a haze of fairy-tale like glow anymore.

But still... It's nice to at least have a level-headed expectation for love?"


I typed this in reply to a friend's Facebook status today and as I read it over, I realised I meant it.

As lost as the idea of unconditional love is to me, on top of possessing a deep abhorrence of becoming inexplicably self-contained and sappy like most people who are in love, I still believe and have hopes for it.

As long as we don't allow ourselves to get so caught up in it, that we are willing to let the rest of the world get shot to hell.

Like I said, level-headed expectations are nice.

Nice is good. It's simple, not too much, not too little. It's just nice...