Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Solidarity, Sisters!

I had dinner with Mumsies and her four sisters earlier on tonight to celebrate the 50th birthday of my youngest aunt.

There was so much joyful conversation and laughter that I actually had fun.

I had originally kinda dreaded it because, come on let's face it, no matter how you see it, I am having dinner with a group of older women, no offence intended. What could I possibly have to talk to them about? I definitely cannot make suggestive jokes or trade sarcastic funnies like I normally do with my Pinkies.

But I really enjoyed listening to them reminisce about their younger days, growing up together, and all the funny memories that they had. I could feel how close they were and the kinship of sisterhood they still share that never went anywhere despite the distance life commitments had placed between them.

I feel glad that Mumsies, despite her hard life and worries, at least get to enjoy this wonderful solidarity of sisterhood.

It reminds me of the strong bond the Pinkies have, something that I cherish very much.

I am thankful that despite being an only child, I still have a group of friends so closed-knitted that we are exactly like real sisters with only the trivial exception of lineage technicalities.

Looking forward to the year when we all celebrate our 50th birthdays together, reminiscing about how we met, our days together, and the many, many, many funny experiences that we shared over the years.

To 13 years of friendship and counting! JEAH!