Thursday, December 31, 2009

Movie Talk Finale 2009

It's the last day of 2009 and already I have two movies to look forward to in the new year!

In no order of preference.


锦衣卫 (14 Blades)

The poster is really nice, ain't it? If a movie about the legendary elite imperial guards of the emperors is not fascinating enough for you. I give you more reasons why it would be good.


I simply flat refuse to gush about Donnie Yen anymore. Anyone who don't agree that he is martial arts god can go bang wall and eat shit. Enough said!


I am so glad that 715 is finally in a proper movie that I can get in line for! He is such an interesting actor with this smothering, brooding quality that is really intriguing because I can never guess how he will portray a character. And he always manages to impress me.


Although I have gotten over my "Wu-Zun-is-so-damn-hot-I-want-to-have-all-his-babies!" phase, he is still a good reason to watch the movie. Every girl I know has a thing or two for him either currently or at some time in the not-so-distant past.

Interestingly, I did an entry about him during the period I was gaga (I'm your biggest fan! I'll follow you until you love me! Papa-paparazzzzzzzziiiiii!!!) over him, and I actually included Donnie Yen in the post! And now they are making movies together! I am freaking psychic!

Okay, digress again, next!


Tuo Tuo! Heehee! So tickled by her onscreen name! Well, apart from putting her on the list to balance the already-overwhelming testosterone, I actually really like her. I think she is very pretty and is a decent actress, unlike the other actress in the movie.

You may notice I obnoxiously left out her poster clip because I really, really DO NOT like her! She is the only blot on an otherwise stellar cast. Imagine my horror when I found out she plays Donnie Yen's love interest! AAAHHHHHH! *tears papers into tiny shreds*

ALRIGHT SILENCE! That is enough words to be wasted on her!

If you are still not convinced why the movie would be great, here's a fantastic reason:


SAY HE IS GOD! *whiplash* And where got people like that one? Make up until like ancient warrior already, then walk around in a white drawstring pants with an English alphabet (M IS FOR MOREEN!).

Okay, next up, we have...



I actually shed a tear when I watched the preview for this movie. I could never fully express my feelings whenever someone had to go before his time. Such is the fragility of life.

But I can remember how the first Heath Ledger movie I saw had entertained me and made me laugh. Ten Things I Hate About You had really made an impact on my life, chick-flick as it was.

And I will be there to watch the last movie he made...



Of course, there are other reasons too, 3 of them to be exact.


Do I even need to go on?

This movie is going to be legen-wait for it-DARY!

Sidenote #1: In other movie-related news, I have come to the conclusion that despite being a fan, and even using her fragrance line, I don't really enjoy watching Sarah Jessica Parker with her disturbingly youthful voice as any other character outside of Carrie Bradshaw in SATC. So I probably won't be watching that Morgan-whatever movie. Cannot wait for SATC movie the 2nd though!

Sidenote #2: Watched Holmes! GREAT GREAT MOVIE! RDJ never disappoints! And Jude Law, asshole as he is, always manages to surprise me with the depth of his acting. Also, this Sherlock/Watson combo is so violent! I always envisioned them to be the gentlemanly type, more brains zero brawn. But I like it! Moral of the story: A saucepan is always a good thing to have around and OLD MEN IN BATH TUBS ARE NOT SEXY!