Wednesday, November 23, 2005

More Than A Couple Of Things

I have more than a couple of things to blog about today, so try to keep up. For easy reading, I broke it down into a few points.

i) Read the news today about this teenage blogger being convicted for the racist remarks that he made on his blog. Personally, I feel that it all seems so blown out of portion, but I don't really know exactly what he posted on his blog, so it is kinda hard to decide whether this is uncalled for.

But then, isn't what we write on our blog our own thoughts and feelings? Granted that we do have certain responsibilities for what we say and write, but convicting a teenager really seemed so, I don't know, serious.

I miss the days when the internet was a simpler place to be, everything seemed so safe and easy. =[

ii) Did anyone read about the thing with Bush "trying to escape" in today's Newpaper? Anyone saw the aide who came to Bush's aid (again, no pun intended)? He is cute!!! Very, very cute actually. Haha, trust me to zoom in on the cute guys under any kind of situation.

iii) I sent one of the stories that I have been working on to Jasu yesterday, and after some of her comments, I confirmed what I had suspected for a while now. I am not up to it yet.

So, I decided that I am going to stop writing for a while. I think that I really need to stop writing all these rubbish and junk, and maybe concentrate on learning how to write better. Well, this is why I chose to do an English Literature degree. To learn more about literature and how to work with themes and the language.

But of course, I am not going to totally stop writing. I really enjoy writing stuffs, I still have my blog here, and I am trying to work on some fan-fictions for fun. And of course, there are always the amateurish poems that I like to write so much. And when I finally feel that I am “readier”, so to say, I will start on that grand manuscript again. Yeah!

iv) And finally, a question. Am I scary? Like really menacing scary? I don't get it. Today I was on the train, going to my workplace to collect some tickets, and on my way there, this guy who was standing behind me, kinda knocked me with his bag. So I turned around to look at him, I wasn’t even putting on my I-am-a-bitch face, but he actually stepped back a couple of steps, and said "oh, sorry, sorry. Sorry." He actually said 3 sorrys. Ha, am I really that scary? Something that bears considering, eh?