Friday, November 25, 2005

S.P.L.

I watched Sha Po Lang yesterday. I seldom watch movies on the day they come out, and I actually rushed to watch it. I guess I do like Donnie Yen a lot.

Sometimes with idols, (haha, idols sound like such a teeny booper term, but couldn't think of a better term to use. And they ARE IDOLS anyway, so...), especially with me, you never know if I really like them, or it's just a "for the moment" thing.

Apparently, I do like him. Yaay! Ha, take that! People who say that I will only like him for less than 3 months! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!! People who placed their bets on me, TIME TO COLLECT YOUR MONEY!

Anyway, the movie did not disappoint me in terms of the fight scenes. Not really an action films buff, but sometimes, you know good when you see good. Everything was so fast that I am not sure I remember what actually went on.

Before anyone judges me, I am a girl. Ha, I like it when being a girl holds certain privileges.

Anyway, I do feel that the plot could do with a little fine-tuning. They have a good storyline, but there's the feeling that it is a little incomplete.

But the twist!!! Mind-blowing. HOW COULD THEY DO THAT TO HIM? WHY OH WHY? *sings Miss Saigon style* Shocked, shocked at the outcome. Shocked.

Oh, one thing though, I hate the way Hong Kong movies always have this strange tint to it. Ever since I was a little girl in the 80s, watching sleazy Hong Kong flicks on TV for the humsum men bionking the boo-ti-pul women, they have this tint. It's so strange, is it the film they use or the way they shoot, or what? ?_?

PS: I also watched Just Like Heaven yesterday. Finally got around to watching it. IT WAS SO TOUCHING!!! *T_T* I so wanna read the book now. ^_____^