Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I Am Trying My Best To Keep To Posting More In This Blog

Another Shinhwa post! Avert your eyes! Don't worry, I am quite done with declaring my eternal, undying love for them. Now that the last of them, namely JunJin, have left my Sunny Little Island, I am all ready to go back into my non-fangirl mode.

Just read this account of a German fan who had a really bad experience meeting Shinhwa at an airport in Germany in May this year, and I think some of them really broke her heart. While I feel sympathy for her, I cannot say that I blame the Shinhwa guys.

Don't get me wrong, I am not condoning their behaviour, which seemed rather appalling according to the account from the German fan, but whatever they may be, the Shinhwa guys are still human. They are not Perfect Men (can't resist!) who have no vices, nor are they smiling machines with cheery disposition all day long.

I guess with every fan, there are many expectations when meeting their idols, and when they don't deliver, the fans will be disappointed, dejected and heartbroken. And this is probably not going to change anytime soon. Fans for as long as we have known behaved like that, and fans in the next century will continue to behave like that. It's almost as certain as the fact that hair only grows when you least want it to.

I would really like to see an evolution when celebrities actually have to cower in front of their fans for fear of rejection. But of course, that is not going to happen anytime soon too.

The main thing here, I guess, is to always keep your head on. It's okay to be fans, but don't expect them to be the nice personnas that they put on TV or in performances. They are humans after all. They can be mean, spiteful, assholes and every bad thing under the Sun. If you love them because you think they are going to fall madly in love with you and treat you like a princess, I think it's time to go see a psychiatrist.

But if you love them for their talent and what they can deliver onstage, regardless of what they are like in real life, then by all means, go for it! Be a fan! And what's a little fantasizing about them falling madly in love with you, and treating you like a princess, when you are such a level-headed individual? ^_~