Saturday, September 22, 2007

Lene Marlin

I am re-discovering my love for this favourite singer of mine when I was 16 years old. Her songs back then were a source of inspiration to the wide-eyed teenager who thought that she could take on the world and emerge unscathed.

It seems like no matter how alone you think that you are in the things that you experience and gone through, the growth and maturity that you got out of it, there is definitely someone out there who seemed to be evolving together with you.

Listening to her songs, I find so much meaning in the lyrics and the poignancy of the melody that it felt like a sense of calm is washing over me simply because I know that I am not alone in feeling the way that I did or do.

It is kinda a nice feeling.

I find that recently, I have been feeling a lot of inner turmoil, a mixture of my own insecurities, suspicions, anger and worries stamping from my uncertainty of the future and of my own life.

This is definitely a phase that everyone goes through at some point of their life, and although I hate feeling like this sometimes, I am also, at the very least, thankful that I am not alone in this. I am trying to look at this like an obstacle course that I have to navigate through in order to get to the other end. And hopefully once I get there, I would have learnt a litte bit more about myself and about the life that I want for myself.